Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mount Borah... Quite the Hike

On Saturday, myself and two of my friend decided to climb Mount Borah, the highest peak in Idaho. The trail is 3 miles up with 5000 feet of elevation gain. Needless to say, its steep and challenging. It didn't help that I didn't do any hiking this year, and I was definitely not in the necessary shape.

After 5 hours of hiking and climbing along the trail, passing a section called "Chicken Out Ridge" (not for people afraid of heights), we finally made it to the top. The views were breath taking and the idea of sitting down, even for 20 minutes, felt amazing. Nothing felt better though than 4 hours later when we could get back in the car.

Here is a pic I took in my on going attempts to figure out Star Trail photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment