Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Flying Solo

Back in Boise, I discovered a family of Burrowing Owls one day while driving home from work on a back road. It was mid fall, though, and they were gone after 2-3 trips. I remembered it this last summer and went out to the same location again to see if they were back.

I got lucky on that day, and saw the family of owls far out in the field sitting on their mounds. So I pulled over, took out the telephoto and started snapping pictures. As I was checking the pictures, I looked down and saw this little fella in a hole right next to my car. It had an injured wing, so it just sat and stared at me, and made for a perfect model.

Just to ease my mind, I called the World Center for Birds of Prey and told them to go look at the bird, but I am not sure how it turned out ...

Burrowing owl with injured wing

No comments:

Post a Comment