Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hotel Motel (but not the Holiday inn)

Another shot from the National Harbor tonight.

What really got me to go to this place was the Gaylord Hotel which you can see lit up from 95 (don't ask me if thats 295 or 495, since I obviously have yet to figure it out). I had thought that they were just the interior lights from the rooms, but after going inside I discovered they have these strips hanging from the ceiling covered with strands of lights.

I had started shooting without the tripod, but once the sun went down I wanted to get shots from the inside, and they weren't coming out sharp enough. So I had to waste time going back to the car to get it. Lesson learned: Always take it with me.

Lights hanging inside the Gaylord Hotel in Washington DC

No comments:

Post a Comment