Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Skating below Giants

We had thought about ice skating while staying in NYC, but with Dan having a bum ankle and myself having never skated it was probably for the best that we didn't, otherwise Jen/Jason would have had to carry the two of us back. We did get to pause at both Rockefeller Center and Wollman Rink in Central Park (pictured below) to see all the other people trying it out.

It was cool to see all the other photographers at Wollman Rink set up with tripods all along the railing like myself. One of them had some pretty neat levels that he attached to the flash hotshoe to ensure all his pictures were straightened (help reduce post processing).

Ice Skating at Wollman Rink at Central Park in New York City

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo... a bunch of Nikon cameras have the "virtual horizon" feature which acts like a level. I have it programmed to my AF/AE lock button and it shows the "level" in the viewfinder. Its pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff,
    Unfortunately, my D300 is one of the few Nikon models without this feature... So looks like I am screwed :)

    ReplyDelete