Sunday, November 1, 2009

I am driving 85...

Finally got back on the road on Friday and made it from Laramie to Ames Iowa. Terrible drive in the beginning getting out of Wyoming (80 was still closed so had to take 287 south to Fort Collins than 14 to 76 and then back to 80). Got in to Ames at about 12:30, to a waiting friend and a ton of whiskey... Oh the college life.

Anyway, while driving I noticed a cool reflection from my speedometer and the lights from the cars driving the opposite direction. My camera was all packed up so I broke out the next best thing, the iPhone. The picture actually turned out really cool, and I only did some slight cropping and contrast adjustments. It reminded me of a book I had read some reviews on a few months ago called The Best Camera is the one that's with you, which is a collection of pictures taken entirely with an iPhone. In addition, in one of the composition books I have been reading, the author spent a chapter expressing his deep annoyance to the idea that anyone can make amazing pictures if they have a DSLR. I agree completely with both of these photographers, and will continue to try to improve on my talent, not my equipment.

1 comment:

  1. This was safe!!! Reminds me of my dive east... taking a picture of my ground breaking 126 mphs with my iphone.

    ReplyDelete