Thursday, October 29, 2009

Make it a double.

My journey back east had a slight delay today with highway 80 getting closed between Laramie and Cheyenne Wyoming. So I have been stuck in a hotel for the last day and a half waiting for the road to reopen. This gave me a perfect opportunity to catch up on some reading and drive around Laramie for a little (there is a reason the roads are closed, conditions are terrible).

Laramie is a college town (home of University of Wyoming), so I went to a local bar/restaurant and just grabbed a bowl of chili and a whiskey and water. When the bartender asked if I wanted a double, I said "Hell yeah, what else do I have to do today". The bar surface was pretty cool as well, as it was created from blocks of wood and rows of wine corks. I couldn't help taking a picture or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment