Friday, October 23, 2009

Lock Down

A few weeks ago I FINALLY went to the Old Idaho Penitentiary. I had wanted to go for years, but it took Sam suggesting it to finally get me in there. But trust me, if you like taking pictures, it is truly a mecca for creativity. There is everything from old buildings and machinery, to flowers and views of the foothills. It was definitely worth the visit and I will go back the next chance I get.

When visualizing this picture, I thought about a few of the things I was reading in "The Photographic Eye" by Michael Freeman. It's an awesome book about composition and has some great chapters about framing and perspective. It takes a lot to stop yourself from pushing the shutter long enough to think about the final image, but when you can create an image that is exactly what you envision it to be without any post processing, it's definitely worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment