Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Run

Had a moment while walking thru St. Thomas where I actually felt like a real photographer.

We saw shirts hanging on a clothesline outside of some houses, and it was a must for a picture. So we spent some time walking thru the development shooting the buildings and the random objects strewn on the ground. I didn't really like how my pictures of the buildings turned out (though I am sure Jason's turned out great), but I did enjoy chasing after these chickens.

What made me feel like a true photographer was the fact that taking pictures was the goal of the day, and it was exhilarating to just walk around looking for interesting stuff to shoot in a completely new place. It was a really great experience for me, and one that I will remember fondly.

I did spruce up this picture a little by making it look a little "old timey" by playing with the exposure, contrast, recovery, etc. in Lightroom. Makes me think of some of the old farm pictures we had back home.


Chickens in St. Thomas, USVI

No comments:

Post a Comment