Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fallen Leaves

JD Salinger died today. Can't say his work changed my life or anything, but I did read "The Catcher in the Rye" in high school. I remember having to go thru all the literary references and wondering to myself whether it was even his true intention to express all the things that English teachers derived from his words. As I was reading stuff about him today, I came across this really great quote which makes me believe that maybe my english teachers were right all along...

"An artist's only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else's."

Pic tonight is from a small street in San Juan, Puerto Rico (no wheat field picture, since I thought that would be too cliche).

Leaves on street in San Juan, Puerto Rico

1 comment: