Friday, January 8, 2010

Snail's Pace

One of my favorite places in the world is the Redwood National Forest in Humboldt County near Eureka, California. The area is just beautiful; the tall trees, wildlife, ocean views. Its just amazing in a way thats hard to even express in words. I have gone out twice, both over Memorial Weekend, when its still a little too cold/rainy for the large crowds.

Hiking along one of more popular trails I was surprised by the sheer amount of animals that could still be seen. There were Deer, Bald Eagles, Centipedes, Banana Slugs, and even snails (like the one below), right on the trail. I was really hoping to see some newts, since they are really rare, but I will just have to use it as an excuse to go back.

Red Snail in Redwood NAtional Forest in Eurka, California

No comments:

Post a Comment