Saturday, January 9, 2010

White on White

I broke 1000+ picture views this week on Flickr! Probably not a big deal for most, but I only started posting on there two months ago, so its a good feeling to know people like my work. But I digress...

Todays picture is from the Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge outside of Ogden, Utah (near Salt Lake City). I went down there with my buddy Lee specifically to catch some glimpses of the large flocks of birds. Its no Bosque del Apache, but there were still tons of birds, and quite a few Trumpeter Swans specifcally. We got there hella early in the morning and got to see some Swans, Pelicans, and even a few random Mergansers. The ponds were still frozen with ice (it was only March), and the pictures of the swans on the ice flows are by far my favorite.

Trumpeter Swans at the Bear River Migratory Bird Refugee in Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment