Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kiss to build a Dream on

Found this amazing book: "A Shadow Falls" while shopping for books with some gift cards from Christmas and fell instantly in love with the images. Nick Brandt's pictures are some of the best B&W pictures I have ever seen, let alone pictures of animals. I ordered a copy, but I'll have to wait until some copies are in stock.

In my feeble attempt to try to create something similar, I dug up some animal pics I had taken previously on a trip out to California. We had gone to the Santa Cruz pier, after touring around the Monterey Bay area, and there was a lower dock that was just packed, and I mean packed, with California Sea Lions. They were just laying around until the occasional loner would try to jump up on the dock, which would cause an up roar. I caught these two posed (more like sleeping) in a perfect kodak moment.

California Sea Lions kissing

No comments:

Post a Comment