Monday, January 4, 2010

Moss Step

I finally got to editing and posting pictures from Christmas (the ski slopes in Vermont were calling my name on New Years), and I picked this picture because of some things I was thinking about while looking thru the other pictures I took down in Charlotte.

I have found that the statement of seeing things without your camera first to pre-visualize shots is definitely a must when you want to try to actually make an image, not just take a photograph. I battle this constantly, because I want to just shoot pictures, but then I go back and look thru them and I hate them. If, however, I sit and think about what things I want to take pictures of and get a image of a concept in my head first, the images turn out the way I want them to, regardless of whether I took 1 or 10.

The same goes with this picture, when I had been looking at images of urban decay thru out the week, and loved the idea of plants growing in building ruins. So I was shooting the moss on my relative's front steps, to try to create this vision, and I happened across these little growths coming out. I didn't quite get the DOF correct on this, but I still love the picture.

Moss on brick step

1 comment:

  1. Hey macro-man...post some of your animal pics too! I know you have some.

    ReplyDelete