Thursday, January 14, 2010

Paint Bucket

This post is truly more of a "how I saw it" vs. what it actually was. We went to Yellowstone National Park one random weekend this past summer as my buddy John was leaving Idaho, and neither of us had been there. We grabbed our buddy Martin and just drove on over. 6 hours latter, we got to a camp site, drank some beers and relaxed. The next day was filled with seeing the sites of Yellowstone, and dealing with the most dangerous animals there... Tourists.

But coming back to my original thought, we went to one of the areas, Fountain Paint Pots, which is a geothermal feature consisting of mud puddles boiling from the hot water underneath. What I loved about the place was really the name, as the mud it's self was just a plain gray color and not nearly as exciting as the name portrayed. So doing a little Photo magic, the image below is how I felt about the place more so than what I actually saw.

Mud Bubbles at Fountain Paint Pots in Yellowstone National Park

No comments:

Post a Comment